boats against the current, great gatsby plot
aly
25 years old

ceo of nike

divorced & heterosexual

Sometimes following your heart means losing your mind
 Posted on: Jan 9 2017, 04:26 PM

you're in the right place, old sport

"so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

welcome

hey! i'm aly. this plot and the characters are inspired by my favorite novel of all time, the great gatsby. just a warning: it will include lots of drama and affairs. oh, you're into that? great, then just keep reading! if you're not into the affair thing, there are a couple characters in this plot not directly tied into the actual affairs, so if that floats your boat, you should also keep reading. if you have any further questions, you can pm me or message me on aim @ naturallyaly.

"i wish i had done everything on earth with you."

the plot line

if you've read gatsby, or at least watched the movie, you basically know what goes down. boy and girl fall in love, boy and girl get separated for a few years, girl meets and marries other boy, they all reconnect, and drama ensues. this plot includes gatsby, daisy, tom, jordan, myrtle, and nick. it's a lot of characters, i know, but we need all of them to make this lit! i'm going to call the characters by their names in the great gatsby for the sake of this ad. alright... here's the quickest rundown i can offer:

gatsby met daisy the first year of college spring break. they were both eighteen and were mainly interested in socializing and partying. they hooked up the first day of spring break in miami, florida. it was basically sex at first, but by the end of the week, however cheesy, they really started to fall in love with each other. on the last day of break, they were even talking about marriage. the trip ended, though, and they each flew back to their respective colleges. daisy had given gatsby her phone number on a slip of paper, but he lost it. they both got busy with their lives and never reconnected, but gatsby couldn't stop thinking about her. daisy kept hoping that he would call and waited around for a few months, but he never did, so she tried to forget about him.

fast forward to now. daisy and gatsby are both 25 years old. gatsby is slowly becoming a multi-millionaire through his father's company. daisy has been married the past few years to rich, old-money tom buchanan. they met in college their junior or senior year and decided to get married on a whim. gatsby has been living in seattle for quite a while now, running his company, and daisy and tom have just decided to move there to settle down and (maybe) start a family. little does daisy know, the house they're moving into is right across the street from gatsby.

25. ceo. neurotic. chace crawford.

gatsby (reign rockefeller)

taken by aly

gatsby has been living in seattle ever since he graduated from college a couple years ago. he's currently running his father's company, nike, as ceo. he will become the full owner of the company once he's married and settled down, according to his dad, but he doesn't know if he's ready for that. he can't get daisy out of his head and wants her in his life again.

25. designer. insecure. lily collins.

daisy

daisy works from home selling things on etsy. she's very creative and intelligent. daisy is an extroverted-introvert, as she is forced into lots of parties and social events with her husband. she did really love gatsby, too, but she has mainly moved on. like gatsby, she would do anything to see him again, but is more practical and realistic with things. recently, she found text messages and heard a voicemail on tom's phone from another woman. she knows he's having an affair, but he doesn't know that she knows. daisy is cousins and pretty good friends with nick. i really prefer lily collins for her!
25-27. businessman. arrogant. open fc.

tom

tom is daisy's husband of a few years. he is very wealthy in terms of old money, and he is a relatively successful businessman. a few months ago, tom began having an long-distance affair with a woman seattle. they met on a business trip. after rearranging his business, tom moved himself and daisy to seattle so he could continue this affair because he was convinced he loved the woman, who we'll call myrtle. tom sees myrtle about once or twice a week and constantly texts/calls her.
23-30. hair stylist. narcissistic. open fc.

myrtle

meet tom's lover from seattle. she's the reason he moved to the city, and she thinks she's pretty hot stuff. she hates daisy with a passion, even though she's never met her in her life. myrtle thinks that she deserves tom and wishes he would just be with her because she's not into being the other woman for life. she's not rich, but she gets by.
22-24. intern. light-hearted. open fc.

nick

nick met gatsby about a year ago when he moved in next door to him. over the course of the year, they became best friends. little does gatsby know, nick is cousin's with daisy. nick is the one that lets gatsby know that daisy is going to be moving to seattle, just right across the street from where they live. nick is a little younger than gatsby and daisy and is just trying to make his way in the world. he's the most relaxed and fun out of the group, but they all tend to stress him out because he always seems to be in the middle of the drama even though he's not directly involved.
24-25. fashion blogger. intense. open fc.

jordan

jordan is daisy's best friend. when daisy told jordan she had to move to seattle, jordan picked up and moved, too. it was easy for her because she's a fashion blogger, so she can work from anywhere and maintains her own schedule. jordan and nick meet each other through daisy and end up having a thing. their little flirtation is brand new since jordan just moved to the city, so it's pretty low-key right now.
BY MITZI
^
shadia
21 years old

zoo tour guide

single & pansexual

She loved the sea. She liked the sharp smell of the air; and the vastness of the horizons bounded only by a vault of azure sky above. It made her feel small, but free as well.
 Posted on: Jan 9 2017, 04:28 PM

i got u on daisy
^
aly
25 years old

ceo of nike

divorced & heterosexual

Posted on: Jan 9 2017, 04:35 PM

omfg i love you so much
^
shadia
21 years old

zoo tour guide

single & pansexual

She loved the sea. She liked the sharp smell of the air; and the vastness of the horizons bounded only by a vault of azure sky above. It made her feel small, but free as well.
 Posted on: Feb 6 2017, 03:29 AM

BTW i didnt forget about this!!
^
aero
28 years old

drug dealer | criminal

single & heterosexual

Fool, I'm the kinda G that little homies wanna be like
 Posted on: Mar 15 2017, 08:40 AM

Jordan is mine
^
aly
25 years old

ceo of nike

divorced & heterosexual

Posted on: Mar 15 2017, 11:37 AM

<3 thank youuu both
^
sami
21 years old

queen

dating my cat & shrug

She wears darkness as a queen wears a crown: proud, confident, beautiful and above all meant only for her.
 Posted on: Oct 1 2017, 02:57 AM

tom af for me
^
shadia
30 years old

videographer, business owner

divorced & bisexual

I am so sorry to all the people I hurt while I was hurting.
 Posted on: Jan 4 2018, 08:13 PM

oh i'm gonna go ahead and say that even if you don't count kade/selena on the thing - we're not looking for anymore side ppl for phoenix
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll