Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

its a beautiful life ,,, indiana
shadia
18 years old

student, personal assistant

single & hetrosexual

I aim to be lionhearted, but my hands still shake and my voice isn’t quite loud enough.
 Posted on: May 18 2018, 12:19 PM

beautiful times
The red-headed girl wasn't really sure how or why Indiana's drinking came up - or why she felt so inclined to actually answer the fellow employee. She needed to vent to someone, and this at the very least wasn't breaking her NDA. So it felt safer than talking to Jayden.

"I don't know. I just...I don't know." The female mindlessly wiped down the kitchen counter. A task that didn't really belong to her, but she always hated having nothing to do. "I'm nervous that in a week it'll be back to the same stuff, you know? The same alcoholism and being drunk on stage." She stood straight up - wiping down the fridge to clean off any smudges as she spoke.

Zelda debated on if she was just too tired - if she should just go home for a little bit to try to calm down. The worker asked what she'd do if he drank again. "Nothing. He made it very clear it isn't my business. It's his business. So I'd stand there and watch him drink if he really wanted to drink. He's a grown up and I've tried to beg enough alcoholics for a lifetime. If he wanted to drink - I'd let him. I already downed some on the boat when he tried to. I stepped in twice and neither worked out for me. So I'd shut my mouth and watch him drink." Zelda paused for a second to keep her eyes on who she was talking to for a moment before going back to work.

The conversation went onto where the fellow employee should put something before the subject went back to Indiana when they were curious on what happened to make Zelda to upset. "Back when we were on tour - Indiana was hammered. Drunk, drunk. Its obvious so I try to get him to drink some water and I try to make him some coffee. He's blowing me off and doesn't really care and I called it irresponsible. He starts to get mad at me. Which he's allowed to be - but how many times would he let it go if I came to work drunk or high? He gets a free pass cause its entertainment. Nobody else can be drunk at work. He would be fired at an office job by now." Zelda finished wiping counters and things down and began re-organizing the flower arrangement on the table.

"I got mad and told him to do his job. He told me to stay in line. Stay in line. I said I didn't get paid enough to babysit an alcoholic. Which wasn't okay for me to say, but I'm exhausted of it. I've been doing it forever. And he said that I wouldn't get paid nearly as much anywhere else. Which, I mean, I graduated by 14, started college at 16. He didn't exactly give the job to a random high school girl." Zelda shrugged - frustrated all over again.

"The next day I apologized and he patronized me with his fake business smile that we needed to have lines and I couldn't cross them again. So I haven't. If he wants me to stay in line - then I'll stay in line." Zelda shrugged. "I know I was harsh, but I was also just exhausted. I shouldn't have snapped as hard as I did at him, cause he's right, but it's also my job to help him. Indiana has it very, very easy because hes famous and I don't think he understands that."

^
aly
36 years old

singer

married & heterosexual

i think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy, because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless, and they don't want anybody else to feel like that
 Posted on: May 18 2018, 03:21 PM

He contemplated turning around when he reached the kitchen, but decided to listen from the other room and then continue doing what he was going to do. It was his house. He didn’t have to avoid the kitchen just because they’d decided to talk about him. Indiana waited until Zelda seemed done and then walked into the room as if he’d just gotten there, crossing in front of Zelda and grabbing a Coke from the fridge like he hadn’t heard a thing. He leaned against the counter and popped open the tab on the pop, slowly sipping it as he looked from the maid to Zelda. He contemplated not saying a word, but he’d never been like that. ”If being rich and famous gives you a free pass, I wouldn’t be fucked up. That’s genetics and being mentally sick. You want to talk, then talk to my face. I’d love to hear anything else you have to say.”
^
shadia
18 years old

single & hetrosexual

I aim to be lionhearted, but my hands still shake and my voice isn’t quite loud enough.
 Posted on: May 18 2018, 03:24 PM

beautiful times
Zelda watched the maid quickly scurry off to pretend to be busy. Zelda didn't move and continued with what she was doing. There was anxiety in the pit of her stomach that Indiana had overheard, but it wasn't confirmed until the male spoke. "I have. Last time you nearly fired me over it."
^
aly
36 years old

singer

married & heterosexual

i think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy, because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless, and they don't want anybody else to feel like that
 Posted on: May 18 2018, 03:33 PM

”I’m not going to fire you over it. Forget what I said last time.” Now that he’d heard everything that was on her mind, he was only more curious about what else she thought. ”And don’t say I’m going to drink again in a week. That doesn’t help.”
^
shadia
18 years old

single & hetrosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 03:39 PM

beautiful times
"You, in all honesty, completely misunderstood what I had said about being wealthy and famous." Zelda referred back to his first comment. Zelda nodded a bit. "I wouldn't have shared that thought with you to be unhelpful." She noted.
^
aly
36 years old

singer

married & heterosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 03:42 PM

Indiana took another drink of the Coke and set it down on the counter. He walked over to look through snacks in the pantry and spoke to her while still facing away. ”I understood everything you said, and none of it was positive.”
^
shadia
18 years old

single & hetrosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 04:06 PM

beautiful times
"We vent about our jobs, Indiana. Its normal." Zelda pointed out. She didn't think anyone liked their job all the time. 'But no. You heard what I said - you didn't understand what I meant. I said you get a free pass, yes, but I was saying that about alcoholism. You get a free pass to be drunk at work or high at work because you work in entertainment. Nobody else gets that. Accountants, teachers, every other job in the planet wouldn't get second chance if they came to work drunk or high."

"And I'm sorry, but your life is worlds easier because of your career and being wealthy."

^
aly
36 years old

singer

married & heterosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 04:32 PM

Indiana mindlessly grabbed a bag of trail mix and opened it, then headed over to another cupboard to grab a clear bowl to pour it in. He offered some to Zelda and munched on a handful himself. ”And in return for that, I get no privacy and trusting people becomes almost impossible.”
^
shadia
18 years old

single & hetrosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 04:35 PM

beautiful times
Zelda sighed, voice becoming softer. "I didn't say you didn't have problems. I said your life is worlds easier." The female shook her head at the food, crossing her arms across her chest - feeling a bit uncomfortable with the conversation. "Like your alcoholism. You have problems which caused your alcoholism, but you can afford treatment. Most people cannot."
^
aly
36 years old

singer

married & heterosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 04:49 PM

Indiana was a little annoyed to be having this conversation, but he tried not to show that on his face. ”Look, I worked hard to get where I am. I started with nothing, so you can say things are easier for me now. They weren’t always like that, and I changed my circumstances.”
^
shadia
18 years old

single & hetrosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 04:51 PM

beautiful times
Zelda offered a smile. "Alright, Indiana." She touched his arm quickly, nodded, and went to the fridge to get a bottle of water. "I'm sorry I said anything. I was just venting. I won't do it again." The female looked over, anxiously anticipating his next reply.
^
aly
36 years old

singer

married & heterosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 04:56 PM

His eyes followed her for a moment before he glanced out the kitchen window that overlooked the back pool and gardens. ”I want you to,” he said almost immediately after her sentence, looking back to her. ”I want to know if things bother you. If I bother you.”
^
shadia
18 years old

single & hetrosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 05:05 PM

beautiful times
"I would go work for Patrick or Jayden if you bugged me." Zelda shrugged. "Also - you don't bug me. This job doesn't bug me. I like my job, Indiana. But everyone complains about their job sometime. Everyone has problems and bad days where they vent. It has nothing to do with you. Complaining behind your bosses back is about the most universal thing in the world." Zelda assured. "I was just letting out some steam."
^
aly
36 years old

singer

married & heterosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 05:18 PM

He snacked on the trail mix and nodded. ”Oh, I know. You’re not in trouble. I get it. It just sucks for you that I had to overhear it.” He smiled out of the corner of his mouth at her. ”I’ll try not to walk in on it next time.”
^
shadia
18 years old

single & hetrosexual

Posted on: May 18 2018, 05:21 PM

beautiful times
"I'll try to keep it away from you next time then." She corrected her previous response with a small smile. "Good, then. I'm glad we're fine." She grabbed a sticky note and started to write something for the maid to see when she came in.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll