take it one step at a time
22 years old & she/her
receptionist
bisexual
in a relationship
artemis fiering
 Posted on: May 20 2018, 06:43 PM
played by aero

it had been the first time since beau laid hands on her, but she wasn’t new to the whole idea of physical abuse. after ajax left for afganistan their father turned his drunken rage onto her until she was able to escape. but still, the shock of it all laid thick on her mind and she worried he had cracked a rib when he shoved her hard into the bedroom wall of their apartment. it was late in the night when she decided to go to the hospital to get checked out, just in case. the girl handed her ID over to the nurse at the front desk before taking a seat in the waiting room. eventually she was led to an examination room and left there to wait further.
PM
^
I am calm. I am calm. It is the calm before something awful.
26 years old & he/him
nurse, teacher
homosexual
single
ajax fiering
 Posted on: May 20 2018, 07:35 PM
played by sami

" look, man, someone in here has your last name. " ajax turned to face the nurse that had pulled the file and snatched it from him, going over the information. his last name wasn't too common, and part of him had been afraid that his father was in, but no. artemis. ajax hoped it wasn't a coincidence and told the nurse he would be handling her.

he was nervous as he went into the examination room. he didn't really think this through, and decided to just go into the room. ajax froze - it really was her. " you're... here. "

PM
^
22 years old & she/her
receptionist
bisexual
in a relationship
artemis fiering
 Posted on: May 20 2018, 08:16 PM
played by aero

six years. that’s how long it’s been since artemis saw her brother. her partner in crime, her protector, her best friend. all communications and ties with him just disappeared the second he boarded that plane to afganistan. she tried to keep up with him and wrote letters to him weekly, but as time continued, the letters slowed until eventually they stopped all together. hell, he didn’t even give her the common decency to let her know if he was alive or not. she only knew that because she ran into one of his battalion members two years ago and he told her. ”ajax?” she gasped slightly, which sent a pain through her ribs. ”why are you here?”
PM
^
26 years old & he/him
nurse, teacher
homosexual
single
ajax fiering
 Posted on: May 20 2018, 08:22 PM
played by sami

it took ajax a few seconds to remember how to talk. " i'm a nurse now. i work here. " he walked up to her slowly, giving her a chance to tell him to leave if she wanted to. " i... what are you doing here? " he had skimmed over that part of her file.

PM
^
22 years old & she/her
receptionist
bisexual
in a relationship
artemis fiering
 Posted on: May 20 2018, 10:06 PM
played by aero

it was bad enough that she was here getting medical attention. she knew from when their father used to beat ajax he used to refuse to go to the doctors cause they’d start asking questions. she followed in that logic and when her father turned his hands towards her she usually tended to the injuries herself. but today she decided to get checked out. and now her brother was here. ”I... uh, I-“ she stopped and fell silent, ”you never called... I thought you died at one point.” she inhaled deeply, wincing slightly, ”I think my rib is broken.”
PM
^
26 years old & he/him
nurse, teacher
homosexual
single
ajax fiering
 Posted on: May 28 2018, 12:48 AM
played by sami

that felt like a punch to the gut. ajax knew that he hadn't called or anything, especially after his injury, but he hadn't expected her to think he was dead. then again, she probably didn't know that someone would have told her if he died, since he didn't even list his dad as his next of kin. " i almost did. several times. " his leg was a constant reminder. ajax stepped up next to artemis. " what did you do to injure it? let me see where it hurts. "

PM
^
22 years old & she/her
receptionist
bisexual
in a relationship
artemis fiering
 Posted on: May 28 2018, 09:11 PM
played by aero

there wasn’t a moment when he was in afganistan that she wasn’t worried about him. she watched the news daily, looking for reports on soldiers down there, and prayed that her brother wasn’t one of the casualties. he was the only family she had and she couldn’t bear the thought of losing him. and at one point, she thought he felt the same way. but years of no contact proved otherwise. ”it must have been awful,” she whispered, ”I am glad you came back though.” even if it wasn’t to her. she inched forward on the examination table, pointing to the left side of her body, ”right here is where it hurts. it feels like something is stabbing me every time I breathe or move.” she was unprepared for an excuse on how she got the injury, which was foolish of her, ”I fell,” was her lame excuse.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll